Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The City (East)


Date: June 8, 2011
Group Members: None
This walk was really nice. I'm glad I left at the time I did, because I walked by all of the bars and restaurants right after work got out for most of the companies and their workers flocked to the bars. I was surprised by how many people in suits had clearly come right after work to get a beer with their coworkers- it must be a good chance to make connections or even deals for them. The second part of the walk it started to rain, so I went through it a little bit faster, but it was still really interesting and full of little cobblestone alleys that were cool. A few of the alleys were really small and hidden, which I love- it gives the area so much more personality. The standout for me on this walk were definitely the churches- we had some Wren thrown in, and just beautiful churches all around. It was a short walk, but actually a really nice one for a Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment