Thursday, June 9, 2011

Final Summary

Done! I've now finished all ten walks of London. It was a fun way to get to know the city, and to see some really cool side streets and hidden gems of London. In this post, I'm going to list my top three- the three walks I love the most and why.
1. Lambeth and South Bank- I love walking the streets of the city and the little backways, but nothing can beat walking along the Thames and seeing the sun set hazily behind Big Ben. The walk was the great end to a London day.
2. Bankside and Southwark- This was a fun walk as well. It had some of my favorite sights in it- Tower of London, which I love, Globe Theatre, the Thames, of course, and the Borough Market, my favorite of the markets I visited. There wasn't any part of this one that I didn't like!
3. Westminster- This was another great walk with amazing sites- Westminster, Buckingham, and Parliament. I'm glad I did it early, so I could get to know this amazing area right off the bat here in London. I loved seeing Big Ben lit up at night, too- an iconic image.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, thanks for getting all the walks finished and blogged. You now have a nice record of many of the great sites of London.

    You are now an official graduate of the London Walks Course. Congratulations!

    We've missed you these past two days. I hope you know that all your friends in the Centre are thinking of you and your family right now. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

    ReplyDelete